Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hyrum's memories of Dad

I have great memories of Dad. The first one I thought of was of him baptizing me on or near my birthday and then taking me out to Taco Time. I felt really special being able to go to dinner with you that night. I also remember many fathers and sons outings, scout camps and especially the 50 mile hike we did up in the Uintas. I always new that would be a great memory for the rest of my life it was a really great experience. Dad I also remember you taking me to do the final shooting test for my hunters safety. It made me so happy that I went with me that day. I remember you supporting me and Chris in wrestling meets. I also remember you taking down to the DMV to get my drivers license and then asking me if I wanted to drive home. I remember I said no because we were driving the little orange Chevette and I didn't feel comfortable enough to drive a stick shift all the way home from Orem.
I remember one youth activity we had in the Cresent Ward where we had to answer questions to see how well we knew our parents and vice versa. Bro Burnett was so impressed that I got the answer right. when asked if there is one thing that Dad ever wanted from us kids what would it be? My answer was for us kids to be obedient. Dad thanks for your love and example to us all
Happy Birthday!!!

Love Hyrum

No comments:

Post a Comment